Mascara: probably the most popular makeup item on the planet, and the one that is continually tried and tested by consumers over and over again in search of the perfect one. I know I love trying out a new mascara, but I do have my favorites.
What I look for:
I don’t really have any complaints about my eyelashes. They’re a decent length, thick, and dark. When I look for a mascara, I usually look for something that will add even more length and make my eyes look bigger, giving me that wide awake, fresh look. I also wear contacts, so I can’t have anything that will irritate my eyes. I also look for the blackest black out there. Of course, I also avoid raccoon eyes and flaking. Who wants that? Here’s five mascaras that get the job done!
1. Jordana Best Lash Extreme Voluminizing Mascara: This mascara is only $3 at Walgreens and it is a steal for what it does! The formula is a little on the dry side; I think this would be a good mascara for people who go through tubes quickly. If you are a sporadic mascara user, I fear that it might dry up fast once opened, even though I haven’t experienced that yet.
2. Maybelline Lash Discovery: This has been a favorite of mine for years. Please note you will not get volume with this one, if that’s what you’re looking for, but you will get length. I love the brush because it’s small. I cannot stand huge mascara brushes! This is especially perfect for bottom lashes.
3. L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes: This is my favorite mascara of all time. Honestly, I never thought I would leave Maybelline when it comes to mascara, but this is amazing! It lengthens, adds volume, and combs the lashes perfectly upon application. No clumping or flaking. I like this the best for length.
4. NYX Doll Eye: If you’re looking for a mod eye look, this is the way to go. This mascara provides a lot of length and truly defines the lashes. It does have a pretty wet formula, so be careful with it during application. Unfortunately, this is a little hard to find. I’ve only purchased it on eBay.
5. Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes: At $19, this is not a mascara I would buy all the time since I tend to go through mascaras quickly. If you are looking for false lashes length, this mascara will do the job. It stays put all day and also adds volume. The only thing I don’t like about this mascara is the packaging. It’s incredibly bulky!
MAC Zoom Lash: I’ve seen a lot of hate for this mascara, but I seriously LOVE the length it gives. Unfortunately, the formula is super wet, so wet that I absolutely despise taking it off of my face because it gets all over the place. The color is also amazing; it is the blackest black I’ve ever seen in a mascara.
Have you tried any of these mascaras? What is your favorite mascara? I’d love some recommendations!