I haven’t changed much!!!
You may have seen this tag on YouTube; this is a tag all about self-confidence and inner beauty! I was tagged by the very sweet Zenorah (check out her video with this tag here). Also, if you want to do this tag, I encourage you to do it! Answering these questions might be hard, but I truly believe that if we share these types of emotions, it helps others know they are not alone.
1. One thing that makes you feel beautiful? Wearing dresses. I would give up every piece of makeup I had if I had to choose between beauty products and dresses. They make me feel feminine and happy.
2. What’s something that people often compliment you on? Physically, I usually get compliments on my eyes, but I always get compliments on my wardrobe when I’m out and about, from accessories to jackets to dresses. I take pride in this because I do love clothes!
3. What’s one of your insecurities? I can’t even believe I’m putting this out there, but definitely my weight. I was teased horribly as a child and teenager and to this day it still haunts me. I have an idea of where I would like to be and am working on it. I have never been thin or skinny and know I never will be, so I’ll just have to deal with it and work on being healthy rather than the vanity of it all.
4. If you could tell every insecure person in the world one thing, what would you say? Find out what makes you feel good about yourself and pursue it! It’s amazing how having passions in life will make those insecurities bearable.
5. Do you talk in your sleep? Sometimes, but I think my hubby does more than I do.
6. Little things you appreciate about life? Puppy kisses. Lake air. Sunshine. A kiss on the head in the middle of the night. Romantic snow. Lake Superior!
7. Favorite little things about someone you love? I love the cards my husband writes. He is so romantic and writes the most beautiful cards to me. He is the perfect mix of sensitive yet manly.
8. Something someone said to you to make you self conscious? Ah, where do I start? Well, one time a girl who was supposedly one of my good friends tried on a pair of my pants in the locker room and walked around showing everyone how big they were on her. That made me feel horrible.
9. If you could change one thing about yourself, would you? I would definitely change how sensitive I am. I let the smallest things bother me, and I dwell on them.
10. What’s one thing about yourself that you would never change? My compassion for animals! I love my rescued fur babies!