Organix Moroccan Sea Salt Spray

hair3

If you’ve been following my YouTube videos, you may have seen a little drugstore haul I posted the other day. Included in it was this new sea salt spray from Organix (which has been proved over and over again to actually not be organic, but whatever). I don’t think I’ve said this before, but I hate doing my hair.

Every day I blow dry it straight, but I feel like that is so damaging! My hair is thick, naturally wavy, but still pretty fine. I’ve used sea salt sprays before, like Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe, Blow Pro (love!) and Alterna Bamboo Beach Waves (a deluxe sample size), but wanted to see what this spray could do with my natural waves, especially since this is quite affordable: just $6!

hair

The back…sort of

I used the spray by first washing my hair, towel drying, and applying it all over my hair. After that, I scrunched it up a little with my hands, and used the hair dryer with a diffuser on it for just a few minutes, until it was half dry, just to speed up the drying process. I hate going out with wet hair!

The beach spray is not heavy at all, and it smells nice and fresh. I liked the texture it gave to my waves, and it added some volume compared to when I usually blow dry. If I’m straightening my hair with the dryer, my hair gets flat. If air dry it, there’s volume, but it just flies all over the place with no real structure and just looks messy and puffy.

hair2

View from the front!

The Organix spray is definitely a welcome addition to my small hair arsenal. It really enhanced my natural waves without looking messy, which is exactly what I wanted! This stuff smells like the beach too, which is a major plus! I definitely plan on using this a lot more, since I liked the result. I can’t vouch for whether or not this creates waves, but for my hair, it provided some much needed definition!

This entry was posted in Hair, Organix and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Organix Moroccan Sea Salt Spray

1. Didn’t know you were on YouTube. I’ve been following your blog through Blogloving for a while now and didn’t even know! Nice review! I’ll have to look into this!

2. Meredith says:

I have the Not Your Mother’s beach spray and don’t like it. It make my hair feel like hay. It’s not good – dull and fried looking. Since you have both, how does this compare? Does the Organix leave it feeling dry, too? Thanks! I really like your hair in the pictures 🙂

• MelissaC says:

Thank you! 🙂 I prefer the Organix one for sure. NYM is definitely a lot more “stiff” feeling in the hair! I felt like I could use a lot of the Organix one and my hair still had movement and felt soft.

• Meredith says:

Thanks. I was afraid to try another salt spray in case they were all like the NYM. I think I’ll give this one a chance though.

• MelissaC says:

Let me know how you like it!

• MelissaC says:

Also, I don’t see myself going back to the NYM after using this!

• Meredith says:

I like it! Thanks for the review. I probably wouldn’t have tried another one otherwise. What diffuser do you have? I’ve had my eye on the Deva green claw one, but would rather not spend that much.

• MelissaC says:

I just have a diffuser that came with my hair dryer. It isn’t that great, so I’d like to find something else! I am so excited you like the spray! I have used it every single day since I bought it so far. Definitely a favorite!

3. Bridgett says:

I definitely need to try one of these sprays. (My daughter has used similar ones – while SHE borrows MY stuff, it never seems to work the other way around! 🙂 I’ve tried the Herbal Essences paste & mousse for wavy hair, but found the mousse kind of lame and the paste too sticky/heavy. Maybe this is the way to go…

4. Pingback: May 2013 Favorites! | pink lady beauty