Hello! Today I have a “mixed metals” eyeshadow tutorial! I have been loving all shades of brown lately, so I pulled out a few things to experiment with . In this tutorial, I mixed some warm and cool metallics and used matte neutrals to tie everything together.
Buxom Stay There Eyeshadow in Golden Retriever
NYX Gel Liner & Smudger in Dark Brown
Stila In the Light Palette- shades Bare and Bliss
Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencil in Juju MAC Reflects Antique Gold glitter
Physician’s Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
MAC 242 brush
MAC 239 brush
Sigma E40 brush
Rite Aid Renewal eyeshadow brush
Real Techniques fine liner brush
1. After applying Too Faced Shadow insurance, take the 239 brush (or whatever shadow brush you have), and pack Bliss from the In the Light palette all over the lid, blending up into the crease.
2. With the Sigma E40 brush, blend Bare from the same palette all over the brow bone, blending down to the crease for a smooth transition into Bliss.
3. With a flat, stiff brush, like a concealer brush (in this case the MAC 242), pat Buxom Golden Retriever all over the lid. This is a very warm shade with some shimmer. Pat so the color is even all over the lid.
4. Starting at the inner corner of the eye, gently buff Juju into the crease with short strokes. Since I have deep-set eyes, I brought Juju a little above the crease area.
5. Dip a clean shadow brush (I used the Rite Aid Renewal brush, my favorite for using pigments) very lightly into MAC Reflects Antique Gold. Tap your brush on the edge of a counter or the sink to get rid of any excess glitter. Gently pat into the inner corner of the eyelid, stopping about a third of the way across the lid.
I like to spray my brush with Fix + or a setting spray to get the glitter to stick better.
6. Dip the E40 brush back into Bliss and blend, and do the same again with Bare on the brow bone just to blend everything together.
7. Apply NYX Gel Liner with a skinny eyeliner brush to the upper lash line, and apply mascara.
The finished product! I didn’t add anything to the waterline or lower lash line, but you certainly can if you want! The NYX liner works well in the waterline.
I have been shopping my stash to rediscover some favorites, and things I may not have used very much. Stila’s In the Light palette is a must have for me. This palette is perfect in my book, and mine is definitely well-loved. Golden Retriever is a very unique texture. It’s kind of a gel-mousse texture that is very bouncy.
Swatches: NYX liner, Bliss, Bare, Juju, Golden Retriever
Here’s the full face (I realize my eyes always look the same due to being deep set…booo). Wearing NARS Sheer Glow, Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, Cargo Los Cabos blush, NARS Laguna bronzer, MAC Altered Beige lipstick, and MUFE Aqua Brow.