I have been SO behind on tags this spring/summer, so when Holly tagged me in the 11 Questions tag, I knew I just had to get the job done (I have been insanely busy this summer like everyone else). 😉 I love tags; reading them, watching them, and writing them! So here we go with the 11 questions tag!
Rule 1: Post the rules
Rule 2: Answer the questions the tagger asked you, then make 11 new ones.
Rule 3: Tag 11 people [ or how many you feel like ] and link them to your post
Rule 4: Let them know you’ve tagged them
Here we go!
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Italy! Piedmont to be exact, but I would go anywhere in Italy. My great-grandparents were from Piedmont so I really want to learn more about where they came from.
2. What made you start a blog? A couple things made me start this blog. One was my love of beauty products of course, sharing that love, and wanting to make connections to people with the same passion. Another was just the fact that I love to write (I went to college for it and teach it for my career). The last reason is because I hoped to gain some self-confidence. It’s so easy to think “I’m not pretty enough to start a beauty blog” or “I’m too old” when it comes to anything beauty related!
3. What weapon would you bring with you in the zombie apocalypse? A squirt gun filled with ghost pepper extract. I mean, that has to hurt even zombies, RIGHT?
4. Would you rather only be able to wear 1 lipstick for the rest of your life or 1 nail polish? Definitely lipstick, and I would choose MAC Creme d’ Nude!
5. How do you take your coffee? And if you don’t drink any, what do you drink in the morning? I like coffee in the winter. I usually add a little almond milk and stevia to it. During the rest of the year I drink lemonade Monster energy drinks and green smoothies….or Diet Mountain Dew which I try not to drink because it is so terrible health wise.
6. What is your favorite beauty product right now? Probably MAC Matchmaster foundation! It is really staying put in this miserable heat!
7. What makes you feel the sexiest? (an article of clothing, a certain lipstick shade, a pair of shoes, etc?) – Definitely one of my dresses from Stop Staring! My husband loves it on me and it is very flattering to my shape.
8. What is your favorite blog or YouTube channel? This is so difficult because there are so many great blogs that I love, and the same goes for YouTube, but I’d have to say one beauty blog I’ve been reading and loving for a long time is Miss Natty’s Beauty Diary.
9. What is one thing that you truly admire in another person? I really admire people who are carefree and don’t care what other people think about them. I wish I was like that!
10. What is your favorite color to wear on your nails right now? Chalky pinks.
11. What advice would you give to someone who’s thinking about starting a blog or YouTube? Be yourself and don’t model your blog or channel off of someone else. Have passion for what you are writing about. That is something I tell my students all the time. If you don’t enjoy the subject you’re writing about, you’re going to be miserable in writing.
Now for my 11 questions!
1. What is your favorite book?
2. What fashion trend do you wish would come back?
3. What is your signature scent?
4. What is your ultimate essential beauty product that you would have a hard time being without?
5. What is your most wanted beauty item right now?
6. What ways do you try to build self-confidence?
7. What style of jewelry do you wear?
8. Do you have any embarrassing beauty habits?
9. What is your idea of the perfect date night?
10. What motivates you to be your best?
11. What trends are you into right now?
….and anyone else that wants to do this tag!