I have a super easy drugstore eyeshadow look today using an eyeshadow duo from Boots No. 7, called ‘Moonlight Shadows’. On Target’s website, this duo looks red, but that is not the case at all! It is a matte taupe paired with deep brown and red pearl. It reminds me of MAC Beauty Marked, but not nearly as red.
This look hardly takes any time at all and is perfect for a night out, or a day look if you prefer something dramatic. 🙂
Almay Get Up and Grow mascara (FINALLY trying this out)
NYX HD Eye Shadow Base
NYX Eye Pencil in Lavender Shimmer
Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips liner in black (from Nude Eyes trio)
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe Boots No. 7 Stay Perfect Eye Shadow Duo in Moonlight Shadows
I used three brushes: MAC 239, Sigma E40, and the Sonia Kashuk 110 brush. You don’t have to use these exact brushes of course!
1. Apply NYX HD primer and blend all over the lid and up over the brow bone.
2. With the Sonia Kashuk 110 brush, or your finger, apply Tough As Taupe over the lid, blending up into the crease.
3. With the Sigma E40 brush or other blending brush, apply the matte taupe (the top shade) of the Boots duo all over the lid and up to the brow bone, blending well.
4. With the MAC 239, pack the darker color of the duo all over the lid until you reach your desired intensity.
5. Going back to the lighter shade, apply more into the crease and blend well until lines are blurred.
6. Apply Physicians Formula black liner to the top lash line.
7. Apply the NYX Lavender Shimmer liner on half of the lower lash line, starting in the middle and drawing outward into a slight cat eye shape.
8. Lastly, apply mascara.
This look is so easy and fast, but still has some dimension to it. The lavender eye pencil gives a slight pop of color as well, paired with a hint of sparkle. The Physicians Formula liner also has a little bit of glitter in it.
Now for the Boots duo: I love this little pair of eyeshadows, especially the matte transition color. I have been using this shade constantly! I wish it came in an eyeshadow single, because it pairs so nicely with everything.
Tough As Taupe, Boots Duo Top/Bottom, NYX liner, PF liner
The darker shade in the duo is nicely pigmented. The top shade is softer, whereas the darker shade is a little more stiff; however, this doesn’t impact application. It is very pigmented and still blends nicely. Even if you aren’t a fan of the darker shadow, it is worth it for the great lighter shade! I am seriously in LOVE with that little shadow!