Hey everyone! It feels like FOREVER since I’ve written a blog post since a few of my last ones were scheduled due to being out of town! I thought I would do a post on some mascara fails. Some of these are much raved about mascaras that unfortunately didn’t work for me, both high end and low end.
1. Almay Get Up and Grow– After listening to people RAVE about this mascara (mostly EmilyNoel83 on YouTube), I decided to try it out when it was on sale. This is a major miss for me. I tried to get it to work, but there are just so many problems with it! First, it is thick and clumpy. It doesn’t make my lashes look long or thick; it just appears messy. Also, it transfers onto my face, even if I wear it on just the top lashes. This mascara is not my friend! I would go so far as to say that I hate it (and I don’t care if hate is a strong word, because hello, it’s just a mascara!).
2. L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black– I KNOW. A cult classic, right? This mascara gives me MAJOR raccoon eyes. It just doesn’t stay on my lashes for some reason!
3. L’Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black– I was so mad about this mascara. Again, major raccoon eyes. I couldn’t wait to use this because of so many rave reviews, and I love the brush, but nope. Raccoon eyes even appeared when using only on the upper lashes. *SAD*. Maybe it’s just the carbon black range I need to avoid?
4. Lancome Hypnose Star- I had a free sample of this and couldn’t wait to use it because of all of the great reviews. I LOVE so many things about this mascara. I love the brush, I love the length it gives, and I like the formula. It doesn’t make my lashes feel crispy, and actually has a rather “soft” feeling to it. Unfortunately, this flakes like crazy, and for $28 a mascara should be perfect, especially when there are so many at the drugstore. I wish this one worked for me!
5. Butter London Wink Mascara in Union Jack Black (sent for review)- This mascara has a few good things going for it, but there are definitely more cons than pros. I do not get the point of this mascara; it seems like it is being marketed purely for color. If that’s the case, then fine, because the other colors are very pigmented. The black is pigmented too, but other than that this isn’t going to do much for your lashes, in my opinion. It makes my lashes feel crispy and brittle when it dries. It also transfers terribly, and I mean all the way down to my cheeks. Let me tell you, it IS humiliating to know you have been running around town with mascara all over your face! 😉 It doesn’t really lengthen lashes or provide volume. Another major con is that the stopper doesn’t work very well, so the mascara comes out in big clumps. I do like that the tube is clear so you can see how much is left in the tube. If you’re looking for a basic black, just go drugstore!
Do you have any mascara fails? What are your favorite mascaras?