It’s hard to believe that just shy of two months ago I started writing these Fitness Friday posts. THANK YOU to everyone who has commented and read these and supported me. It means a lot, especially since I’m not a “put it all out there” type. 🙂 Tomorrow is my first 5k race, and I’ve been perfecting my race day playlist. My BFF said that a lot of the race is mental preparation, which is my weakest area for sure. Because of this, I have very strategically created this playlist for race day!
1-Lose Yourself by Eminem– Not the fastest song in the world, but I picked this because my dad LOVES this song. Actually, scratch that. My whole family loves this song. Nobody believes I can do this more than my dad does.
2- Judas by Lady Gaga– Time to kick it up a notch. This is one of my favorite songs to run to because it is a bit Marilyn Mansonish.
3-Speed the Collapse by Metric– This song is always on my husband’s FIFA game and I love it so much! It makes me feel like dancing and it is a good speed. Plus I think of him when I hear it!
4-Fuckin’ in the Bushes by Oasis– I was going to put this song first, but I figure at this point I will be about a mile in and might need a mental boost. This song reminds me of my husband because he LOVES Oasis, so that will give me a little pep in my step too! Just go on YouTube and listen to it. It is bad ass.
5- Parabola by Tool– Tool is MY BAND. Tool makes me feel like Ironman. Or Ironwoman, rather. Tool is more fuel than breakfast. Or water. OR BLOOD (muahahah hahaha…I can’t help but giggle at that).
6. Swerve City by Deftones– I am so obsessed with this song right now! Another gem that makes me run fast. If things are going well, I’ll be near or into the last mile by now.
7. Unfinished Sympathy (Perfecto Mix) by Massive Attack/Paul Oakenfold- Excuse me, my ’90s are showing! 😉 I think this mix will be good for pacing. I love this song!
8. Feeling So Real by Moby– Another ’90s classic for me. I am a huge fan of Moby and this song just makes me feel FREE! I used to ride my bike all over town when I was in college with this on repeat.
8. Born this Way by Lady Gaga– This song reminds me of my little border collie! I will definitely need a pick me up at this point since I will HOPEFULLY be near the end!
9. Bachelorette by Bjork– Nearing the point of possibility for finishing, I figure this is a good wrap-up. It’s catchy, and one of those “makes me feel like a goddess” songs.
I have a few other songs on my playlist just in case it takes longer than expected. Hopefully the race day adrenaline will carry me through. I AM SO NERVOUS!!! Wish me luck!