My husband and I were gone for a week on our trip to Montreal. I ended up packing a bigger makeup bag on this trip since we drove, and I had more space. Still, it was pretty compact and I was able to carry everything in this medium-sized Missoni (for Target) bag. I like that it has handles, because I usually carry my makeup separately so it doesn’t get crushed.
I usually have a hard time packing because I like variety; however, I also know that there are only so many days of a vacation! Here’s what I ultimately settled on:
- Z-palette with Tarte blush & Makeup Geek shadows
- NARS creamy concealer
- MAC Matchmaster foundation
- MAC Whisper of Gilt
- MAC Sun Dipped bronzer
- Smashbox Topaz cream shadow
- MAC Deep Dark Brunette brow gel
- NARS pencil sharpener
- MAC Powerchrome eye pencil in Life’s Luxury
- Lime Crime Babette lipstick
- Milani Sweet Nectar lipstick
- Mary Kay At Play Coral Me Crazy lip pencil
- NARS Cruella lip pencil
- MAC Naked Bud lipstick
- Hourglass Mineral Veil primer
- MAC Oak lip pencil
- MAC Cherry lip pencil
- MAC Something Special blush
- Urban Decay Naked 2 palette
- Maybelline Dream Matte powder
- L’Oreal Black Smoke Power Volume mascara
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
- Urban Decay Anti-Aging Primer Potion
- NARS Tinted Moisturizer sample packet
- Olay BB Cream sample packet
I used my NARS concealer only once, and didn’t use the Oak lip liner at all, but everything else I used at least once. The Naked 2 palette, MAC brow gel, Smashbox Topaz, Matchmaster foundation, and Maybelline Matte powder are what I used the most. I usually worry about going overboard with lippies, but I did wear all of the lippies I packed at least once, wearing Naked Bud the most.
I also carried a black bag inside of the Missoni bag that held my skincare items. When I travel, I always take sample skincare packets since it’s so easy, but I don’t switch up moisturizers due to being worried about having an allergic reaction.
How do you pack for travel? Do you keep it simple, or take staples?