Hello! If you participated in my “Best of the Brand” poll, thank you! 🙂 MAC overwhelmingly won, followed up by Urban Decay, so I’m finally ready to start rolling out some of these “Best of the Brand” posts. Keep in mind these are simply my opinions and everyone will have their own thoughts about these brands.
MAC has SO many items, and I find that it can be intimidating to someone who is just getting into the brand, or someone who doesn’t know much about it. I have a lot of MAC products- probably more than any other brand in my beauty arsenal.
In choosing these items, I picked products that I a) can’t live without, and b) I feel are unique to MAC and not easily replicated by other brands. I really had a hard time narrowing this down, and even now when I’m thinking about this further, there are things I want to add! Let’s get into my picks! 🙂
1. Mineralize Skinfinishes– I love these and find them hard to resist. 🙂 Mineralize Skinfinishes have so many uses: blushes, highlighters, all over dusting powder, bronzer, etc. They come in both the natural variety, and more colorful variety. Personally, I love the ones that serve as highlights or blushes, like Stereo Rose (LE, pictured above). Although other brands like Milani and Laura Geller have mineral products in a similar vein, I just find that nothing compares to these MSFs.
2. Lipstick- I’m going to go so far as to say that I hated lipstick before I discovered MAC. I thought all lipstick tasted terrible, smelled terrible, and was just flat out disgusting. THEN, I bought my first MAC lipstick (I think it was Blankety, but I can’t be sure), and it was all over. They come in a huge variety of finishes and the color range is astonishing. They smell like vanilla and they don’t taste like disgusting plastic on your lips. If you’re picky about lipstick like I was, you might want to check these out. My personal favorite is Creme d’Nude.
3. 239 and 217 Brushes- These are stand out eyeshadow brushes. I’ve used MANY brands of shadow brushes, and I will continue to purchase these over and over again. The 239 is my go-to shadow brush for packing product on the lid, and nothing blends like the 217, even the dupes out there. I have shared my favorite MAC brushes before, and these two are mentioned there as well.
4. Fix+– I’m actually surprised by this one, but over the years I have grown to love Fix+. It wasn’t until I ran out of the mini size that I keep in my purse that I realized how much I use it, and rely on it! No, you’re not just spraying your face with scented water. It is really refreshing and conditioning, and I find that it leaves me looking refreshed and radiant.
5. Cream Colour Bases– This is another versatile item that I don’t see in other brands. From highlights, to eyeshadow, to blush, there’s so much you can do with these. I recently shared all of my CCBs here.
6. Eyeshadow– This is my “everyday” MAC palette. I have one of the double palettes with shadow on one side, and blush on the other. Eyeshadow is my favorite makeup product, and MAC has an enormous variety of shades and finishes. They’re pigmented and have fantastic staying power, and I like how they blend. Not every shade is a winner, but as a person who has tried A LOT of eyeshadow, I always come back to MAC.
Here are some swatches of favorite colors (in order)!
Lipstick- Mehr, Shy Girl, Creme d’ Nude
Cream Colour Base– Pearl
Mineralize Skinfinish– Stereo Rose
Eyeshadow– Sumptuous Olive, Groundwork, Satin Taupe, Butterscotch
Honorable mention products: Prolongwear Paint Pots and the Luxury Powder Puff! 🙂
I hope this has been helpful in showing some of the best items MAC has to offer. Let me know if you want to see what is in my “everyday” palette- it doesn’t leave my vanity!