Another day, another eye cream! This one is from Valentia: True Glow Eye Cream ($25 on Amazon –NOT an affiliate link). I’ve been using this for a few weeks now in the morning. If you have been reading for awhile, I raved about the Vitamin C serum from Valentia, which I am still using (on my second bottle).
I know eye cream is questionable. A lot of people find them unnecessary, but I have noticed that when I use them, the skin around my eyes does look healthier. The skin around my eyes is pretty sensitive, so I’m particular about what I put there.
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
- Lightens dark circles
- Depuffs eye area
- Nourishes and hydrates
- For morning and night use
– Astaxanthin: A powerful antioxidant that increases moisture levels, smooths fine line and wrinkles, and restores elasticity to the skin.
– Resistem: Natural Plant Stem Cells repair and protect the skin from harsh environmental pollutants and stress related aging.
– Vitamin C: Leaves the skin smooth and visibly brighter for a well-rested and bright eyed look.
– Organic Rosehip Oil: Provides intense hydration to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
– Arnica: A key anti-inflammatory agent to the restorative process that works to diminish the appearance of dark circles.
I use this in the morning since I’m using the Estee Lauder one at night. I love the texture of this eye cream. It isn’t heavy, it doesn’t irritate my eyes or burn my skin, and it sinks into the skin easily. I’ve had other eye creams that are so thick that they require too much rubbing to absorb into the skin. This isn’t like that at all–no pulling on the eye skin necessary! It is very gentle.
As far as the claims go, I haven’t been using it long enough to say for sure on the wrinkles and fine lines; however, I’m not sure my lines are pronounced enough to have something make a difference. It is nourishing and hydrating, and it does depuff tired morning eyes.
A little goes a long way with this product as well, so I imagine this will last for quite some time. The price is very reasonable; I’ve spent more on eye creams that I haven’t liked nearly as much. If I like this in the long run, I would repurchase.
*Sent for review from Brandbacker. All opinions are my own.