Here’s an underrated palette: Olivia Palermo x Ciate Smokey Suedes ($39). This is a limited edition palette available at Sephora and Birchbox. I purchased mine from Birchbox with my rewards points in November, so I have had this palette for awhile.
This palette is “fabric inspired” and includes 9 shades:
- Shaken (pearl gold shimmer)
- Glazed (pearl bronze/red shimmer)
- Butler (matte bone)
- Prosecco (pearl ivory shimmer)
- Plumberry (matte aubergine)
- Verde (pearl bright olive)
- Whoopie Pie (matte deep brown)
- Cocoa (pearl bronze shimmer)
- Macchiato (matte mid-pink brown)
In just looking at the palette, they do look like suede fabric, which I think is a unique quality. And look at those colors! Isn’t this a beautiful selection of colors? The palette is pigmented, but the shimmer colors pack the most punch.
The swatches above are not over a primer. I wear these shadows with a primer because I wear primer daily. I also usually have makeup on for 12+ hours, and the shadows do not fade on me.
Overall, these shadows are a win in my book, and the price point is about the same as similar palettes from mid-range brands.