I have something a little different to share today, and that is a dress from the website eShakti (not an affiliate link). I may have mentioned this before, but I love clothes and wear dresses almost daily. I wear them so much that I actually don’t even own a pair of jeans at the moment!
I was given the opportunity to pick out a dress from eShakti and have it custom made to my measurements, which is something their website does on each item; you can also buy whatever size you need if you don’t want to do custom measurements. I love being able to have something custom made, because I have a couple of issues when buying clothes:
- I’m busty with smaller shoulders. I buy clothes based on what fits my chest.
- I need something cinched at the waist so it is clear that I actually have a waist. Due to my chest, it’s easy to drown in clothes when they don’t fit in other places on my body.
Of the selections given, I chose the Peplum Waist Floral Print Crepe Dress. I love its 40s style, and I also love that it is green, because it is a good color on me, and I don’t have a lot of green in my closet. There are a lot of cute details on this dress, including two buttons at the back of the neck, and the very flattering peplums in the front. The print are tiny flowers.
I took my measurements, including bust, waist, shoulder to shoulder, across the top of the chest, and around the arms. I also specified what length I wanted it to be. I can’t stand when the top of the dress is cute, but hits mid-calf (an awkward length on me).
When the dress arrived, it was a perfect fit–not too big or small, which is something I struggle with. I always size up for fear of something not fitting, and end up with clothes that are too big.
- Back zip with rouleau-button closures.
- High back neck dips to a low V in front.
- Above elbow length sleeves with ruched shoulders and split cuffs.
- Elastic smocked front shoulders.
- Ruched bodice, angled empire waist with button tabbed banding.
- Attached sash ties to the back.
- Side seam pockets.
- Below knee length.
- Lined in off-white polyester moss crepe.
- Polyester, woven crepe, digital print, soft drape, no stretch, lightweight.
- Machine wash cold.
When you have the option to customize this dress, there are 7 different sleeve options and 4 length options to choose from.
I think eShakti is great for those who have certain needs when buying clothes. Not everyone is shaped the same way, and it’s nice to be able to have options. In my opinion, the dress is well-made and the fabric is easy to clean and comfortable. 🙂 I love it and it definitely fits into my wardrobe nicely.
*Dress sent for consideration. All opinions are my own.